Canadian Ad Challenge
The entry site is now closed.
Get ready to score your touch down!
The Canadian Marketing Association and Bell Media proudly present the SUPER BOWL Canadian Ad Challenge. #SB49adchallenge
Marketers are encouraged to challenge themselves to create dynamic, original creative, specifically targeted to Canadians designed to air during CTV’s exclusive Canadian coverage of SUPER BOWL XLIX on February 1, 2015.
The SUPER BOWL Canadian Ad Challenge is a creative advertising competition designed to celebrate and elevate Canadian SUPER BOWL advertising. With the goal of rallying the Canadian industry to create ads that truly compete with U.S. commercials, the competition seeks to help migrate anticipation and reaction for SUPER BOWL advertising to Canadian creative.
Entry deadline is December 4 at 12:00 noon E.S.T. 5 finalists will be announced on January 15th and the winner will receive advertising time during CTV's exclusive Canadian coverage of SUPER BOWL XLIX.
How Will The Winner Be Chosen?
All judging is being hosted and managed by the CMA.
Judges will be selected from senior executives in the marketing and advertising industry.
We're very pleased to announce the judging panel for the SUPER BOWL Challenge.
The panel of judges will be lead by our quarterback:
Stephen Brown, President, FUSE Marketing Group
Our starting line up:
- Jennifer Hedger, Sports Broadcaster
- Daniel Wong, Director, Research Marketing, Extreme Reach Toronto
- Joseph Bonnici, Partner, Creative Director, Bensimon Byrne
- Peter Ignazi, Senior Vice-President, Executive Creative Director, BBDO
- Susan Lute, Director, Business Marketing Communications, Rogers Communications
- Laura Pearce, Vice-President, Brand Strategy and Fan Engagement, Blue Ant Media
- Scott Pinkney, Senior Vice-President, Creative Director, Proximity Canada
- Franke Rodriguez, President, Anomaly
- Gordon Ross, Vice-President, Business Development, Aimia
- Helena Tigert, Head of Consumer Credit Marketing, Visa
- Annette Warring, CEO, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Patrick Weir, Vice-President, Creative Director, FUSE Marketing Group
What Do We Win?
The Top 5 ads will be revealed on Bell Media and CMA platforms on January 15, 2015. The Top 5 ads will also be featured in the SUPER BOWL SUNDAY PREGAME SHOW on February 1, 2015.
The winning ad will be announced during SUPER BOWL XLIX on February 1, 2015, during which it will debut in a 30-second commercial spot. In addition, the winner will receive a trip for two to SUPER BOWL XLIX in Arizona.
An award statue will also be presented to the winner and the winning ad will be showcased at Case Study in early February 2015. The remaining Top 5 finalists will also have their ad showcased at Case Study.
You can also visit the Bell Media SUPER BOWL Challenge website.