Inspiration. Ideas. Coffee.
All students have the same tools.
Whoever puts them together best, wins.
The Creative Case allows students to explore their creativity as they develop and bring to life a new campaign.
As the creative team for The Source, Consumer Electronics, you must develop a creative concept for an awareness and purchase consideration campaign that will be driven by integrated cross-channel marketing activities including (but not limited to) print, outdoor, digital, social, direct mail or mobile marketing. Your concept should include a landing page and a minimum of three other activities.
You need to decide how to best leverage your core creative idea, taking into account budget, channels, media, existing database, marketing vehicles and target audience(s) to create a campaign that will generate the most effective response and the greatest growth in sales.
The Marketing Case asks students to put their business acumen to work as they craft and write a business case.
As the Marketing Manager, you are responsible for identifying key opportunities that communicate and target women and younger shoppers – the new consumer group – establishing brand awareness to increase purchase consideration and traffic to the retail and online environments.
Your team has been tasked with the development of a marketing plan that will increase brand awareness and purchase consideration amongst the “new consumer group.
The core campaign must be detailed and supported within a maximum of 10 single-sided pages, in Arial font, size 11.
Appendices may be attached if you feel that they support the core campaign, however they can only be used if they are referenced in the core section of your entry and must be concise and pertinent. They will not be counted towards your score.
You are free to make assumptions if details are not stated, but make sure you note these assumptions in your entry. If you have questions about information presented in the case document, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not include any creative (copy or design) as part of your inquiry.
A CMA Student Award win is a tremendous opportunity for current marketing and advertising students. An award win can help open doors to future opportunities.
The CMA Student Awards are open to a wide range of students from various disciplines. See below for the eligibility criteria:
- You must be enrolled in the 2014/15 school year at a Canadian post-secondary institute
- Recommended for students in programs for business, marketing, commerce, advertising or design
- You must not currently be employed in a marketing-related position
- You must submit a completed Entry Form with your materials
- You must have the support of your professor or instructor, including their contact information and signature (see entry form)
- In the Marketing Category you may compete as an individual or up to a team of four members
- In the Creative Category you must have a team with two members to four members
- You must adhere to the mandatory requirements listed at the end of the creative or marketing brief
- You may enter in one or both categories; submit separate entry forms for each case
- Judging is anonymous, do not include a cover sheet or make reference to your school, team member names, and/or professor in or on your entry pieces.
Entries that do not meet the eligibility requirements or do not include required materials will result in disqualification.
|Creative Case||Marketing Case|
Entries must be delivered to:
by 12 pm EST on February 20, 2015
Entries must be emailed to email@example.com at the CMA by 12 pm EST on February 20, 2015.
Please include CMA Student Awards Competition in the subject line.
Creative Case Study submissions must be mounted on presentation boards.
Submissions will be accepted in Microsoft Word file format only (.doc or .docx)
Late submissions will not be accepted.
For questions about entries, cases or which materials to submit, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-644-3749 (1-800-267-8805 ext. 267)
Our judges want to see the very best entries! Make sure you hit the mark with their help.
Too many entries lose valuable marks or are disqualified because the entry instructions were not followed. To help you submit your entry, the judges put together a guide with a list of helpful tips to assist you with meeting the entry requirements--and thus help you increase your chances of winning.
We want you to submit your best work, so we recommend you download and read the coaching guides below.
Register Now! for our Q&A Webinar on Wednesday, January 21th, 12 pm EST during which our judges will answer your burning CMA Student Awards questions.
There are 6 awards to be won in total:
Gold, Silver, and Bronze in the marketing and creative categories.
As a finalist you will be invited to a networking lunch and tour at one of Toronto's top agencies, followed by the 2015 CMA Awards Gala where you will have the opportunity to accept your award on stage along side Canada's marketing elite.
Gold winners in each category receive:
- $500 Cash for the team
- $100 Gift Cards, courtesy of The Source for each team member
- An opportunity to accept their award on stage at the CMA Awards Gala
- Complimentary CMA student membership for one year