Limited Time Pricing
Stephanie Rich, BCL, LLB
This course is aimed at providing marketers with a solid foundation of the ethical issues within the marketing profession, the regulations they should be aware of, the risks of not adhering to ethical standards and practices, and the importance of integrating social responsibility into decision-making practice and processes.
As part of the new Charter Marketer (CM) designation requirements for senior marketers, this course aims to raise awareness of the existing Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, as well as the new Individual Code of Conduct for Professional Marketers.
This course is comprised of 40 minutes of video instruction, online resources and a knowledge quiz. Learners earn a Certificate of Completion once all videos are viewed, and a score of over 75% on the quiz is obtained.
This course accounts for 1 CMA CPD Credits.
At the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the components of the CMA Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Know what are the ethical responsibilities of a professional marketer with the Chartered Marketer (CM) Designation
- Be able to identify key risks or current issues for marketers
- Be familiar with regulatory and other enforcement mechanisms
- Be familiar with some of the impacts of corporate social responsibility
There are no specific requirements to take this course; however, it is a required component of the Chartered Marketer (CM) Designation for Senior Marketers. For more information about the CM Designation, click here.
Learners must have internet access and a video streaming device (computer, tablet or smart phone) to access the course material.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The Code of Conduct for Professional Marketers
- The Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice
- Ethical Principles and Universal Marketing Practices
- Protection of Personal Privacy and Marketing to Minors
- Media (digital, print etc.) and Service Provider Responsibilities
- Regulations, Enforcement Mechanisms, and Risks
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Stephanie Rich, BCL, LLB
Stephanie is a senior lawyer with a career focused on privacy, compliance, ethics management and employee relations. Having spent over 12 years in the marketing industry at Aimia (Aeroplan), she has a wealth of experience helping business professionals achieve their objectives. Stephanie firmly believes that a strong ethical culture is fundamental for achieving sustainable positive results.
Stephanie is a member of the CMA’s Privacy and Data Advisory Committee helping to inform the CMA’s position and activities related to privacy and data usage.