We've all heard the term "Big Data," a reference to the vast amounts of information now collected by nearly every industry and sector of the economy. But the real challenge is making sense of this torrent of data to extract customer insight, evaluate markets and customize products and services. And that's where Big Analytics comes in.
To harness Big Data, it takes a combination of advanced methodology, technology and experience to unearth data nuggets that can be turned into customer insights. Big Analytics starts by addressing several key questions:
- What am I trying to understand
- Which information assets provide the answers?
- What methods are needed for the relevant analytics?
- What are the best tools to implement these methods?
- And most important, how can we interpret the results properly and take action?
Executed correctly, the Big Analytics can help you better understand your customers, providing a 360-degree view of their lifestyle, marketplace behaviour and mindset. This half-day seminar explores the best-in-breed methodology and technology to help businesses and not-for-profits connect with their audiences. By understanding how to integrate customer data with external demographic, behaviour and media research, as well as vast amounts of digital and social media data, you will learn how Big Analytics can help better predict how your customers will behave. With only a customer's address, you can help your company determine:
- What products your customers like
- Which media they prefer
- What messages resonate with them
- Whether an ad or a tweet will reach them
- How to continually refine your campaigns through ever more precise data-driven analytics, creating higher returns while reducing costs
You Will Learn
- The latest analytics techniques for a variety of business applications
- How data-based knowledge resulted in positive returns in a real world case study
- How to use a micromarketing software platform to perform analytics
- Best practices for extracting insights and intelligence from your customer database
- How off-line data can be used to enhance digital and social marketing
- How to transform customer insights into actionable marketing campaigns
- How to use the response analysis of a marketing campaign to refine the next initiative
And much more...
Who Should Attend
- Marketing, real estate and product managers and directors
- Analysts involved in customer insights and site location evaluation
- Those responsible for direct marketing, advertising and merchandizing
- Those involved with measurement, ROI and testing
- Anyone looking to support strategic planning with data-based business intelligence
Founder and President of Environics Analytics
Jan Kestle has been a leader in the marketing information industry for over forty years. An expert in using statistics and mathematics to help solve business challenges, she has worked with hundreds of clients in all industries to help them find and serve their customers. In November 2003, she founded Environics Analytics, in partnership with the Environics group of companies, establishing a new marketing and analytical services company based in Toronto. She has since directed the initiatives creating the pioneering PRIZM CE, PRIZM C2 and PRIZM QC segmentation systems that combine geodemographics with psychographic Social Values to classify consumers by both their mindset and marketplace behaviour. In addition, she oversaw the development of a number of innovative marketing products by EA research and development teams, including WealthScapes, ENVISION, Gaybourhoods and the Diversity Micromarketing Toolkit. Prior to founding EA, Jan was president of Compusearch and spent 19 years at the Ontario Statistical Centre, where she developed an expertise in the Canadian census and its applications in marketing and social research. She is the recipient of a Bachelor of Science degree in applied mathematics from the University of Western Ontario.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Advocates' Society, 480 University Avenue, Suite 1700, Toronto, ON
CMA Member: $295 | Regular: $395
CMA Member, Team*: $245 | Regular, Team*: $345
*Three or more registrations must be received at the same time.