The CMA’s Digital Marketing Council is pleased to announce the focus for 2017 Initiatives.
As we start off the new year, the Digital Marketing Council have reflected on the year that was to determine the trends we expect to continue that Canadian Marketers should be prepared for in 2017. The plan is based on the Council’s experience with:
- The questions that marketing agencies are being asked by brands;
- The offerings coming out from new and existing technology companies;
- The adoption of new digital engagement technologies in pilots and rolled out broadly in the market;
- The response of consumers to new technology;
- Press announcements in the Canadian marketplace.
The topics the Digital Marketing Council will provide perspectives on 2017 include:
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Proactive, Personalized Search Assistance
- The Evolution of Messaging with Bots
- The Internet of Things
- Consumer Decision Journeys/Omnichannel Experiences
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality uses for advertisers and brands
- Programmatic and Remarketing
- Advocacy through Social
- How to monetize platforms/content
- Fake vs Real – how to identify what’s real in the post-truth world
We will share our views and those from Canadian marketing leaders through events, interviews and blog articles accessible on the CMA website. As we share our perspectives, please feel free to comment and share so that we hear from you and ensure that the Digital Marketing Council continues to represent and support you.