It wouldn’t be the end of the year (or the decade) without a steady stream of Top 10 lists. Because I love lists as much as the next person, I’ve put together my own:
- TV dominates time spent with media. Despite rumours to the contrary, Canadians watch a lot of TV -- 25 hours of TV per week and 13.5 hours for young adults between the ages of 18 and 34.
- Speaking of young people, did you know that young adults spend twice as much time watching TV compared to YouTube?
- TV advertising has the highest ROI of all media -- $14.34 for every media dollar spent.
- Digital companies have more than doubled their TV spend in the past 4 years.
- TV works at both ends of the funnel. Yes, it’s an excellent brand-builder, but it’s also great for driving short-term activation.
- 87% of linear TV viewing is live.
- Although the TV subscription landscape is evolving – Telco/IPTV subscriptions were up 8% last year, for example – the market is strong: 11 million Canadian households have a paid TV subscription.
- The average TV campaign delivers an impressive 327 million impressions.
- One of TV’s best attributes is its ability to drive the value of other media: TV’s halo effect amplifies digital’s ROI by 19%.
- Watching TV together is a fantastic way to relax with family and friends over the holidays!
For more information, check out the thinktv FAQ.