We’re excited to share with you that the CMA Awards Gala, presented by TD, is going to be the largest-attended Gala in the last 10 years and there’s lots of new and exciting features planned for you!
It has been an incredible year for the CMA Awards platform with a record number of Entries, Judges and Tickets sold. Clearly, the Canadian marketing community cares about its ground-breaking work being considered on the three key awards criteria for celebrating the work of both clients and agencies working together to produce top campaigns delivering on Strategy, Creativity and Results.
SOLD OUT! 1,200 of your closest marketing friends will be in attendance at Canada’s #1 Marketing Awards on Friday, November 22! We’re gearing up to celebrate our profession again at the Westin Harbour Castle which will be transformed into a tropical escape from our cold Canadian winters!
Those who are lucky enough to have scored their tickets already have lots to look forward to:
- For the start of the night – which begins at 5:00 – check your coat, complements of Google, enjoy complimentary hors d'oeuvres presented by Triangles.ai and beer presented by Steam Whistle.
- Back by popular demand, our Master of Ceremonies, Rick Campanelli (of Much Music and ET Canada fame), returns to keep our shorter-format Awards Show moving at a fast clip so you can get to dinner and celebrate with the marketing community.
- New this year with the recent legalization of cannabis, the Cannabis Marketing Award recognizes originality and creativity in this new category while remaining compliant with the Cannabis Act. Plus, don’t forget our special awards presented by Environics Analytics, Facebook and Snapchat that will be highlighted throughout the show.
- The CMA Lifetime Achievement Award has been re-established for a Canadian individual to celebrate their commitment to excellence and volunteerism over the last 20+ years.
- Noting the continued focus of cause-based marketing as an effective approach, a new Top Cause trophy will be presented to the winning campaigns from either the Health Care or the Social Cause categories.
- To recognize the achievements of a Canadian individual, the Marketer of the Year, Presented by IGM Financial, will go to a Canadian individual who displayed outstanding marketing acumen and leadership over the last year.
- New winners for 2019 will be declared based on the Judges pouring over hundreds of entries and the top-ranked campaign will win the Best of the Best Award. Clients and agencies make marketing matter, so we’ll find out which team made their mark this year together.
- The CMA Awards are now the exclusive Canadian marketing awards to pre-qualify Canadian entries to the MAA GLOBES, the elite, results-driven award program recognizing the best marketing communications campaigns in the world. If you win a trophy of any type, you now qualify for entering the MAA GLOBES competition.
- When you’re seated for dinner, find treats presented by Cadbury to save for your sweet tooth later in the evening. Plus, enjoy memorable activations from our sponsors throughout the evening with photobooths from Pinterest (catch a 360° view of your experience) and from the Calgary Film Centre (who are featuring a “CMAs” and “Oscars-themed” photobooth).
- As we ramp up the party, enjoy a special presentation of the Spin Starlets and dance the night away with an epic DJ, presented by TD that will take us deep into the night as we celebrate our profession in 2019. Enjoy late night snacks, courtesy of Pavliks, and a self-serve Candy Bar from TD plus you could win one of two gift baskets from nabs. Don’t forget to use the custom Snapchat filter to share your experience!
It’s an exciting time as we count down this last week before the CMA Awards Gala! Be sure to follow along at CMAgala.ca and share your #CMAgala moments with us on your favourite social platform.
See you there!
-Tim Bishop, VP Marketing & Experience at CMA