Following an exciting morning of content and speakers, attendees filled the room for a CMAfuture Roundtable Discussion, sponsored by TC Media (one of four such Roundtables).
Please find a recap of the discussion here:
Emerging digital retail strategies
- Create a branded experience that stimulates emotions and excitement to elevate the shopping experience:
• Sport Chek broadcast mountain scenes on in-store screens to create a feeling of taking a chairlift, when the customer was riding up the escalator.
- Maximize convenience to meet consumer need:
• Apple retail allows customers to pay for accessories with iTunes account on mobile phone, and leave store without visiting cashier.
- Leverage geo-targeting to drive traffic:
• Canadian Tire geo-targets offers to customers near their retail store and has demonstrated success driving sales.
- Deliver timely content to delight and inspire product selection:
• Tim Hortons screens change messaging according to weather.
- Stimulate purchase with targeted offers:
• AirMiles is testing mobile app delivery of offers in-store.
Redefine the ‘retail digital experience’
The retail digital experience has been thought of as:
- In-store screens;
- In-hand screens (customer’s mobile device).
An emerging retail digital experience is being tested and defined: Bring the store to the customer:
- Loblaw digital retailing/ordering and physical pick up or Uber delivery;
- Booking test drive online and having test drive vehicle delivered to your door.
By Allison Laux, Digital Marketing Council
To join the next complimentary lunch Roundtable at a CMA event, please visit www.CMAcalendar.ca to see the newest topics and event dates.