Senior Marketer Path
For a limited time only (until Dec. 31, 2018), senior marketers have the opportunity to apply for the Chartered Marketer CM designation ahead of the CM Chartered Marketer comprehensive program launch.
Candidates from industry or an agency must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience at a senior level. Candidates from academia must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience teaching or a combination of teaching and working as a senior marketer for a minimum of 10 non-concurrent years
Why should I become a Chartered Marketer?
- Gain national recognition as a top marketing professional
- Demonstrate a consistent, high standard to inspire future talent
- Continually invest in your skill development
- Manage your career path with accountability
- Assert the value of marketing as a credible profession
Am I eligible?
For a limited time only (until Dec. 31, 2018), senior marketers have the opportunity to apply for the Chartered Marketer designation ahead of the Chartered Marketer comprehensive program launch.
Do you have a minimum of 10 years’ senior marketing experience? And either
- Hold an executive or senior marketing position in an organization with responsibility for any but not necessarily all of budgets, staffing and administrative oversight, or
- Work at a senior or executive level in an advertising/marketing firm, research firm or marketing consulting firm, or
- Teach marketing and/or related courses at a post-secondary institution.
How do I apply?
Chartered Marketer Designation Usage Guidelines
The information below is intended to provide guidance to Chartered Marketers (CMs) as awarded by the Canadian Marketing Association (CMA) regarding their use of the CM designation. The use of the CM designation is not regulated; however, the CMA strongly recommends that CMs abide by these guidelines for consistency.
Use of the “CM” Initials in Signatures
Chartered Marketers may add CM to the end of their names as follows:
- The use of a comma between your name and your designations is optional (e.g. Jane Doe CM; Jane Doe, CM.)
- The use of a comma between designations is required (e.g. John Doe, CMS, CM. or Jane Doe, PMP, CM.)
Use of the Chartered Marketer Logo
Chartered Marketers may use the CM logo in the following circumstances:
- Within the footer of professional correspondence
- Within an electronic signature (e.g. an email signature or at the end of a blog post)
- Within a personal profile page
In all circumstances, the logo use should include the text “Chartered Marketer” and should be linked to http://www.charteredmarketer.ca
Documents to Download
|Continuing Professional Development Requirement||Code of Conduct for Professional Marketers|