(Access for 4 months)
Content marketing is a core component of modern marketing strategies. Marketers understand that to increase sales and customer loyalty, providing consistent quality content to market is essential. This on-demand course provides a solid introduction to content marketing strategies by providing tips and tricks for developing content ideas which attract attention, and are consistent with your brand. This course additionally provides examples of successful campaigns and strategies to illustrate effective content marketing at work.
This course is comprised of 1hr 25 mins of video instruction, online resources and a knowledge quiz. Learners earn a Certificate of Completion once all videos are viewed, and a score of over 75% on the quiz is obtained.
Earn 0.5 CMA CPD Credits.
At the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the fundamental components of content marketing
- Know content marketing options, channels and build an editorial calendar
- Apply strategic methodologies to develop new content ideas using content development frameworks
Learners must have internet access and a video streaming device (computer, tablet or smart phone) to access the course material.
Topics covered in this course include:
- What is Content Marketing, and why does it matter
- Content marketing options and channels
- Developing content ideas for your organization
- How to build an editorial calendar
- Types and styles of content that best suit your brand
- Branding-based content development framework
- Sales-based content development framework
- Understanding cornerstone content and authority building
Digital Marketing Strategist
Ernest is a trusted authority on digital marketing and social media. His work has been featured in Forbes, Mashable, The Financial Post, The Globe and Mail, Alberta Venture and Social Media Today, amongst others. His blog attracts over 10,000 readers and is often referenced by digital marketing professionals, while his podcast on meaningful work is rapidly growing an international audience on Stitcher and iTunes.
Ernest works with leaders, entrepreneurs and marketers, helping them improve marketing performance, engage customers and demonstrate thought leadership.
In 2010, Ernest founded a Social Media for Business certificate program at Mount Royal University, where he teaches courses on Digital Marketing Strategy and Reputation Management. In 2014, Ernest developed an online Digital Marketing Certificate program for the Canadian Marketing Association.
Ernest keynotes and leads workshops internationally on the topics of digital branding and marketing, social media and communication trends.