(Access for 4 months)
Social media increasingly necessary for successful marketing campaigns, and this self-paced online course provides marketers with the essentials to provide them a solid base from which to expand their expertise. With short videos and accompanying resources, CMA instructor and Digital Marketing expert, Ernest Barbaric provides case study examples which showcases successful integration of social media in various marketing campaigns. Spanning B2C, B2B, and different industries, this course provides breadth of information essential for all modern day marketers.
This course is comprised of 1hr 15 mins of video instruction, online resources and a knowledge quiz. Learners earn a Certificate of Completion once all videos are viewed, and a score of over 75% on the quiz is obtained.
Earn 0.5 CM CPD credits
At the end of this course, learners will:
- Be able to provide an overview of the seven most popular social media platforms
- Understand how social media is being used to increase the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Understand the value of channel integration with omnichannel marketing
Learners must have internet access and a video streaming device (computer, tablet or smart phone) to access the course material.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Facebook – overview and best business practices
- Twitter - a tool for business and relationship development
- LinkedIn - how it can help grow your business
- Pinterest - reaching global audiences
- Instagram - building your brand
- YouTube – overview and best practices
- Live Streaming – providing unique real-time marketing opportunities
- Other platforms to watch for
- Omnichannel Marketing for optimal results
Digital Marketing Strategist
Ernest is a trusted authority on digital marketing and social media. His work has been featured in Forbes, Mashable, The Financial Post, The Globe and Mail, Alberta Venture and Social Media Today, amongst others. His blog attracts over 10,000 readers and is often referenced by digital marketing professionals, while his podcast on meaningful work is rapidly growing an international audience on Stitcher and iTunes.
Ernest works with leaders, entrepreneurs and marketers, helping them improve marketing performance, engage customers and demonstrate thought leadership.
In 2010, Ernest founded a Social Media for Business certificate program at Mount Royal University, where he teaches courses on Digital Marketing Strategy and Reputation Management. In 2014, Ernest developed an online Digital Marketing Certificate program for the Canadian Marketing Association.
Ernest keynotes and leads workshops internationally on the topics of digital branding and marketing, social media and communication trends.