8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. ET
55 Bloor St. W.
How do you ensure your communications reach everyone? Do you have accessible content? Do you know what Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) law requires? Are you familiar with what digital accessibility looks like in the real world?
In this second of two roundtables, supported by the Government of Ontario, you will explore even more practical aspects of AODA, through presentations from leading accessibility experts:
- Lisa Liskovoi, Web Access Specialist, Accessibility Ontario who will discuss barriers peoples with disabilities face online, how they use computers through assistive devices and provide best practices on WCAG 2.0 and accessible documents.
- Aidan Tierney, Manager, Digital Accessibility, TD Bank who will explain how to bring the moving parts of AODA together across your organization and throughout the planning process, to create a sustainable accessibility program.
- David Berman, an international expert on inclusive design, will moderate a discussion with our presenters and take questions from the audience, providing his unique insights into the morning's content.
This event is presented as part of CMA's ongoing work with the Government of Ontario and its EnAbling Change Program to provide marketers with information on AODA.
Breakfast & Networking
Networking with Speakers
Who Should Attend
- Marketing managers and practitioners
- Content marketing specialists
- Community managers
- Communications professionals
Web Accessibility Expert, Accessibility Ontario
Lisa Liskovoi works with Accessibility Ontario to provide consulting, training and accessibility auditing services to organizations of all types. With experience in design, accessibility evaluation, and WCAG compliance, she helps them to identify and bridge accessibility gaps in their communications on the web. She has taught workshops on topics such as understanding digital accessibility, technical strategies for meeting WCAG requirements, creating accessible digital documents, and techniques for evaluating accessibility.
Manager, Digital Accessibility, TD Bank
Aidan Tierney is a digital accessibility specialist with experience in enterprise program strategy and project delivery. He is Manager of Digital Accessibility at TD, overseeing the accessibility of many of the customer facing apps and websites in Canada and the US. Aidan advocates for users and partners with design, development and test teams to create accessible solutions. Aidan speaks frequently at industry events including the CSUN Assistive Technology Conference and Accessibility Camps in Toronto, Ottawa and the Bay Area.
Expert Speaker on Design, Ethics and Social Responsibility
David Berman has over 30 years of experience in inclusive design: he strongly believes we can include everyone, without tradeoffs. As author (Do Good Design [Pearson, 2013]), expert speaker, and strategist, his work has brought him to over 50 countries. David is a high-level advisor to the United Nations on accessible Web design thinking. He’s also an International Advisor at G3ICT, advising governments on inclusive design policy, and chair of the Carleton Access Network at Carleton University. He serves on the ISO committee for accessible PDF. Clients include BMO, IBM, the International Space Station, and the Canadian Human Rights Commission.