January 25, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
3+ Member: $245
3+ Non-member: $345
250 Yonge Street
Canadians spend an enormous amount of time on social media and it shows no signs of slowing down. This means that social media channels continue to be an important place to keep your brand top of mind, and drive business objectives. But as the space becomes noisey and cluttered how can you not only maintain, but grow your online community of loyal customers?
This seminar will focus on how to grow, nurture and better leverage your social media channels, using the SCENE card brand as a case study. We will discuss how SCENE grows their social community, manages the community on a day-to-day basis, manages negativity and backlash and amplifies our brand advocates. Note: this case study will focus on Facebook and Twitter, but most learnings will be applicable to other platforms.
You Will Learn
Leveraging the lessons we've learned at SCENE, you will learn how to...
- Grow your social media community while keeping it grounded in your brand and business objectives
- Set up guidelines for content, engagement and escalation management to stay authentic and relevant
- Proactively manage negativity and backlash
- Create a group of vocal brand advocates
You Will Benefit From:
- A group roundtable of brands and social media, and a discussion of who we admire, and what we admire.
- Delving into the SCENE case study - our approach, and what we've learned along the way
- Learning from your peers through discussion of questions brought forward by participants
- A summary of key takeaways
Who Should Attend
Digital marketers and community managers who who are looking to create or grow a social media community, but also brand marketers and traditional marketers who want to expand their knowledge of social, and how they can leverage social for their business. A very basic knowledge of Facebook pages is helpful but not required.
- Digital Marketing Professionals
- Social Media Professionals
- Brand Marketers
- Marketing Practitioners
Marketing Manager, Acquisition and Engagement, SCENE
Michelle Arbus is a Marketing Manager for SCENE, the entertainment loyalty program founded by Cineplex and Scotiabank. She oversees SCENE's social media strategy, brand awareness, and new member acquisition. Prior to working at SCENE, Michelle worked in marketing and communications for the Luminato Festival, Carnegie Hall (NYC), Jazz at Lincoln Centre (NYC), and the Brooklyn Academy of Music (NYC). She has a Masters degree in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. In her spare time she enjoys cooking and she posts way too many Instagram pictures of her food (@michellearbus).