August 15, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
3+ Member: $245
3+ Non-member: $345
250 Yonge Street
You’ve all heard the stats before. We are now exposed to over 5,000 marketing messages a day. So you wonder why your banner ad isn’t getting clicks? Why you can't prove the effectiveness of your outdoor ad? It is increasingly difficult to defend the dollars spent in tv production and media when you aren’t quite sure of the ROI, isn’t it. There has to be a better way.
Enter Content Marketing. Simply defined, Content Marketing is a strategic marketing approach designed to garner brand attention by focusing on the creation & distribution of relevant and interesting content aimed at attracting and retaining a defined audience. It’s about the pull vs the push. Or in other words, content marketing is the stuff people WANT to see.
It’s not new. But it’s more important than ever before. Because while you can certainly purchase eyeballs and views, you can’t bore people into paying attention to your message. Content Marketing is the new reality.
You Will Learn
You Will Learn:
- The what and the why of content marketing
- The marketing spectrum and what’s changed
- Trends in Content Marketing
- How to create a process and framework for compelling content
- Content Composition & Distribution
- Building your editorial calendar
- Key Performance Indicators
You Will Benefit From:
- A true understanding of what content is and what it isn’t
- Knowing how and where content is relevant in the context of an integrated marketing plan
- Understanding how to plan, develop and execute a content marketing program
Who Should Attend
- Intermediate marketers with limited understanding of content marketing (Marketing Coordinators, Managers, Account Executives, Account Supervisors, etc...)
The Tite Group
As an agency veteran, digital and direct marketing have been a professional passion of Robin’s for over 20 years. Perhaps her love of ‘accountability’ stemmed from her roots as a U of T graduate with a degree in Legal Ethics. Regardless of where it came from – Robin landed her first agency job in the Integrated Marketing Services division of Leo Burnett and has been hooked in the world of communications and agency management ever since.
Over the past 2 decades Robin has held a variety of senior management roles at some of the largest advertising networks in the world. Robin has also worked closely with the Canadian Marketing Association for the past 20 years. Originally as the chair of the Direct Marketing Council, Robin has also chaired the Digital Marketing Council, sat on their Board of Directors and currently teaches their Digital Marketing Course. Most Recently, Robin has acted as a Senior Judge for the Annual CMA Awards Show and is a member of the Awards Strategic Advisory Committee.
When she’s not leading clients through business planning and brand activations, you can find her sourcing babysitters to pave the way for future travel expectations and shopping excursions.