9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
3+ Member: $245
3+ Non-member: $345
250 Yonge Street
The brilliant economist and psychologist Herbert A. Simon was one of the first to precisely describe the relationship between information and attention: “…information consumes the attention of its recipients. Hence a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention. And today, this could not be more accurate. Marketers are swimming in a sea of insight and business people in all professions are struggling to make a case for new ideas even with a lot of data on hand to support any new initiative, change or simply to inform a business decision. This critical juncture is why storytelling through data is an increasingly important skill. Data storytelling is the process of translating data analyses into layman's terms in order to influence a business decision or action.
With the rise of digital business practices and data-driven decision making, data storytelling has become a much-talked-about skill often associated with the data science and the analytics community but it applies to all who share information to affect a business decision. The idea is to connect the dots between sophisticated data analyses and decision makers, who may not have the ability to interpret the data. Through this seminar we will examine key storytelling techniques and how to apply them to your use of data, ways to visualize the narrative for greater adoption of insight and skills to convey complex insight. Learning from classic storytelling techniques and modern wizards of this art form, we will identify and develop the tools to apply to your own role and opportunities within your organization.
To note: If you have taken the Storytelling Secrets for Marketers Seminar there will be some concept similarity but the exercises, the examples and the content will differ to cater to this Seminar Objective.
You Will Learn
You Will Learn How To:
- The key techniques of all great storytellers to define winning narratives
- The fundamentals of data visualization and how to communicate effectively with data
- Understand some key pitfalls of ‘knowing it all’
- Strategic review of ways to build acceptance and adoption of key strategic insight
- How to apply these techniques to your current role and how to evolve it in all conversations and presentations to drive the business change the insight yields
- Making data accessible through numerous real-world examples—ready for immediate application to your next graph or presentation
- Communicating from the inside out - with passion, purpose
You Will Benefit From:
- Classic and modern examples of storytelling techniques
- In depth examples of winning stories using data
- Practical exercises to apply concepts reviewed
Who Should Attend
- Data Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Marketing Managers
- CRM Managers
- Anyone who needs to share insight and wants to make a strategic impact
- Anyone who loves data
Managing Director & Chief Storyteller
BrainCandy Marketing Ltd.
Andrea is a senior marketing strategist with over two decades of demonstrated leadership in customer-centric, Omni-channel strategy design in the Technology, Telecommunications, Financial and global luxury Hospitality industries. Andrea’s passion in designing insight-led strategies started with marketing computers at the onset of the digital revolution and has continued through extensive experience in mobile communications. The shift in how digital experiences are shaping how consumers behave with brands continues to drive her on-going success in optimizing both in-person and digital experiences to drive operational efficiencies, brand engagement and profitability. Andrea continues to design successful global marketing strategies all predicated upon a passionate focus on the understanding of the complete customer experience through her Strategic Marketing Consulting company, Brain Candy Marketing Ltd.
Andrea grew up in France, Belgium and Switzerland and graduated university from the University of Toronto. She is currently completing a 2 year program at MIT in Boston in Global Strategy & Innovation. Voted one of “25 women to watch in Luxury”, Andrea is an active paid lecturer and has also developed marketing courses in Marketing Automation and Promotion Strategy.