9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Financial management and its ability to articulate the value of brands is of significant concern to those in Marketing who are dealing with the constant pressure to grow market share, minimize discretionary spend and strengthen overall employee support.
This session is designed to show those in Marketing how senior management views financial success and how such metrics can be leveraged by Marketing to demonstrate their increased value in the organization. Group work, team discussions along with case based/real world examples will be used to show how Marketing professionals can tell a “financial story” to senior management and demonstrate the power of Marketing and brands in the marketplace.
You Will Learn
- Identify the key financial statements that are impacted by the Marketing department
- Identify the key performance indicators used to assess a company’s financial health
- Recognize how key performance indicators are impacted directly or indirectly by the Marketing department
- Cascade company scorecards to the Marketing department to drive company performance
- Focus on how the Marketing department can integrate with Finance to build a more collaborative relationship
You Will Benefit From:
- Hands on approach to learning via real world cases and solutions
- Detailed slides to provide the logic of each example provided
- Frameworks to take back to the office and leverage for your own company
Who Should Attend
- Marketers who are looking to strengthen their financial skill sets and understand how financials can tell their brand building story.
- Assistant Marketing/Brand & Category Managers and those who work in Shopper Marketing and Digital Media.
Note that this seminar is not intended to develop and test you mathematical skill sets. It has been specifically designed to leverage common financial concepts found in business and demonstrate their application to the Marketing discipline.
Finance Manager – Business Unit Accounting
Originally from New Brunswick, Jeffrey O’Leary has worked for over 14 years in various Corporate Finance, Sales and Marketing positions at Maple Leaf Foods and Wolseley Canada.
Jeff holds undergraduate degrees in Accounting & Economics, an MBA and is a CMA and CPA in Ontario as well as a Chartered Marketer.
Jeff has been teaching in post-secondary education for over fourteen years and is currently a lecturer at the University of Guelph and McMaster Centre for Continuing Education while being a Moderator & Facilitator in the Ontario CPA program and lead instructor in the CM program.
Jeff is married to Kate and have recently welcomed their second daughter, Olivia, to the family.