9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
3+ Member: $595
3+ Non-member: $795
250 Yonge Street
Crafting a successful marketing plan is both an art and a science.
Because the planning process is critical to the success of any product or service, the marketing plan is the most important document to guide the right teams to achieve the business goals of the organization. Building the marketing plan involves intrinsic knowledge of plan components, management skills, and collaboration abilities. Teams must also learn how to effectively craft, communicate, and execute the plan to reach desired outcomes.
This one-day interactive seminar is ideal for emerging marketing managers — those who are progressing in their careers to a position which requires more strategic thinking and team leadership. The seminar is also ideal as a refresher for those who are approaching the busiest planning stages on their calendar.
You will learn and practice the essentials of what goes into a successful marketing plan. You will also investigate how to prepare the marketing plan and how to share your strategy with your team and organization.
- Overview of the contents and elements of a marketing plan
- Steps involved in developing the plan
- Key components of an effective plan
- Review tools, templates and resources available for marketing planning
- How to summarize the situation analysis and understand the target market and segments
- Approaches to formulate budget allocation
- How to establish the evaluation framework and conditions in order to measure success.
All of the above topics are complimented with mini case examples and exercises for participants to practice approaches and tools.
You Will Learn
You Will Learn How To:
- Distinguish between different kinds of plans in different organizational structures
- Prepare for the marketing planning process
- Do a proper SWOT analysis
- Analyze the competition
- Develop marketing objectives, strategies and tactics
- Project-manage the planning process
You Will Benefit From:
- An appreciation of the individual's role in the planning process
- Knowledge on how to lead your team to effective development and sell-in of the marketing plan
- Understanding the differences between objectives, strategies and tactics
- Understanding how the different functional elements of a plan work together
- Knowing how to use the plan as a living document to assess progress and adjust as required
- Knowing how to communicate your plan and gain alignment within your organization
Who Should Attend
- Marketing managers and brand managers
- Agency account managers and supervisors
- Marketing communications specialists
- Mid-level managers
Rich Content Marketing Communications
Richard Toker is a solutions focused marketing consultant, educator and facilitator. Since launching Rich Content in 2008 he has worked on a diverse range of client projects from direct and digital communications for major restaurant chains, to the development of a customer lifecycle eCRM program for a major global PC manufacturer, marketing planning for a major financial institution, and web site strategy and development for a Toronto non-profit organization.
Prior to starting Rich Content, Richard was Director, Direct & Digital Marketing at Rogers Communications. And prior to that,Richard spent almost 20 years in the advertising business at Ogilvy & Mather, McCann Erickson, Cossette, Draft, and Bimm.
As a consultant he brings insight in consumer and B2B marketing from experience on brands such as American Express, HP, IBM, HSBC, Pitney Bowes, Fuji, Goodyear, Lexus, Bell, Rogers, Telus, Ontario Lottery and Scotiabank.
As an educator Richard has been a member of the CMA Education Committee (currently Chair), author and instructor of the Direct Marketing Certificate program since 2003, and has taught in the CAAP program at the Institute of Communication Agencies for more than 15 years, and at the York University Executive Development Program. He also has spoken at CMA events and has been a judge at the CMA awards – one or two of which he has won over the years.