November 4 & 5, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. ET (each day)
Do any of these scenes sound or feel familiar?
- A new creative initiative is big and important but there’s no written creative brief, just a meeting or phone call
- Your client is on board with your solution, but his/her internal stakeholders is not the least bit sold and you’re left in the balance
- The feedback you received on the creative is vague and not very useful; you’re told it’s ‘off-brief,’ or ‘off-brand,’ (or, heaven help you, both) but the brief you gave/received was just plain off, or non-existent
Why does this happen? It’s the job of the client to cope with the change and uncertainty that impacts the briefing they present to you, but it’s hard for them to know exactly what they or their internal stakeholders truly want. And it’s the job of the agency or internal Marcom department to understand the ask, inspire the team producing the solution and do it all on brief (whatever that means) on time, and on budget, and profitably.This seminar is essential for those responsible for receiving and deciphering business challenges and opportunities for which there is a marketing communications solution, whether coming from an internal stakeholder or external client. For emergent Marcom leaders, account managers, planners and creatives, who are interested in building even stronger client and stakeholder relationships, Mastering the Creative Brief will demystify the brief and show you how to apply a unique but easy-to-use approach to having better briefing conversations and make progress right away.
You Will Learn
- How to connect the dots between the business objectives and strategies and the creative task at hand
- What goes into a Creative Brief and why
- How to develop and write each and every part of the Creative Brief
- How to conduct a useful and productive Creative Briefing meeting
- How to evaluate the resulting creative “product” and how to give and receive feedback
- How to apply the ‘soft skills’ you need to make the Creative Briefing process, the end product and the relationship between the issue and the receiver of the brief even better
You Will Benefit From:
- Understanding the role of the creative brief and the relationship between the issuer of the brief (‘the client’) and the receiver of the brief within the context of the larger business challenge or opportunity to be addressed
- Building skill in the use of better questions to give further context to the problem/opportunity, leading to better clarifying conversations about the brief and the business issue to be solved
- Learning how to help clients get unstuck and recognize their opportunities within the outcomes they and their stakeholders are trying to achieve
- Supporting your clients to seek better input from their internal stakeholders
- Gaining approaches in how to formulate what future solutions might look like and clarify the details of what’s actually wanted/needed
- Building confidence in helping to lead clients to fully collaborate in exploratory discussions so that they there is a greater sense of shared ownership of the work, and help your team evaluate how best to move forward
- Preparing for presentations in ways that make it easier for the client and their stakeholders to respond purposefully to your work and keep moving forward
Who Should Attend
- Those working for client-side and agency/marketing services organizations
- B2B and B2C
- Brand and marketing communications specialists
- Brand and marketing managers
Rich Content & Partner at Branderos
Richard Toker is a Toronto based marketing consultant, educator and facilitator. Since launching Rich Content in 2008, Richard has developed and managed numerous marketing programs including branding, direct and digital marketing, content and on-boarding programs for a variety of clients, and has worked to develop and nurture marketing management and leadership skills amongst emergent marketing professionals and facilitated creative problem solving and marketing change management at a diverse range of organizations including Aimia, Amex, BDC, CAA, CBC, CIBC, Canada Post, the ICA, Environics Analytics, Foresters, OLG, Public Health Ontario, RBC, Recipe Unlimited and Tangerine. Prior to starting his own practice Richard was a Marketing Director at Rogers Communications and also spent 20 years honing his solution focus skills in the advertising business. Since 2015, Richard has partnered with Joel Sears in Branderos, a boutique brand and marketing communications non-agency catering to small and medium sized businesses who are used to channeling their inner Maverick, yet when it comes to finding the right marketing support, are faced with costly and bureaucratic ad agencies, or with independents who lack the expertise required to corral new customers.
Richard is a Chartered Marketer, a fully trained practitioner of the Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving method of applied creativity, and is certified to deliver the FourSight® Thinking Profile assessment to individuals and teams. Richard has facilitated training, innovation and applied creativity on behalf of many organizations and for the Canadian Marketing Association, where he has served as chair of the Education Committee, and most recently, helped to develop the Chartered Marketer program. Richard also is fully trained in Solution Focus, a well-researched and widely used change and facilitation toolbox. Solution Focus helps organizations, teams and individuals to create shared understanding, clarify desired outcomes, and get people moving forward.
Seminar Cancellation Policy
Cancellation of registration must be received in writing (e-mail is acceptable) no later than fifteen (15) business days prior to the date of the seminar in order to receive a full refund. Cancellation of registration received within fourteen (14) and four (4) business days of the seminar will be subjected to a refund, less 10% of the registration fee to meet administrative costs. No refunds or credits will be given for cancellations made three (3) business days prior to the seminar. If you registered for a seminar but are unable to attend, substitutions are welcome anytime at no extra cost.