9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
PwC Tower - Suite 2600
18 York Street
Join marketing professionals, privacy experts and compliance practitioners for a half-day workshop on Canadian privacy essentials.
Following a briefing by a leading Canadian privacy expert, you will work in a small group with the guidance of an expert facilitator to tackle real-world privacy case studies, and develop solutions to frequently encountered and challenging situations such as:
- Obtaining meaningful consent
- GDPR considerations for Canadian organizations
- Publicly available information requirements
- Mandatory data breach regulations
- Third-party data processing requirements
- Application of CASL
You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of Canada’s private-sector privacy and anti-spam laws, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL).
- Insights and tips to help ensure you are compliant, including compliance with Canada’s Mandatory Data Breach Regulations and Guidelines for Meaningful Consent.
- Insights on possible changes to Canadian privacy law and how you can stay current.
- How privacy laws in other jurisdictions, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the new California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), apply to Canadian organizations.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone involved in the collection and use of the personal information of Canadians.
- Marketing professionals who want to refresh and update their knowledge of privacy law and enforcement.
Chief Data & Trust Officer
Pamela Snively is the Chief Data & Trust Officer at TELUS. She leads the team responsible for privacy governance and data ethics, along with data management and a number of compliance functions, including the Anti-bribery & Corruption and Competition Law programs. Pam approaches overall data governance through the lens of customer trust, leveraging TELUS’ Customer First principle to drive the organization’s commitment to privacy and data ethics.
Pam is a lawyer but has dedicated most of her career to developing and operationalizing privacy best practices, either as a consultant or in-house. Under Pam’s leadership, TELUS has significantly transformed its approach to transparency about its data handling practices. This has included a refresh of the TELUS Privacy Centre to include layered information on TELUS' data management practices, as well as some best practices to help our customers protect their information. Pam has also published the framework for her privacy management program online, encouraging TELUS’ customers to more fully understand what responsible private sector organizations do to protect privacy.
Pamela was the recipient of the 2017 Ontario Bar Association’s Karen Spector Memorial Award for Excellence in Privacy Law. She participates in a number of national and international think-tanks and governance bodies related to privacy and data governance, including serving as a Board member for the Information Accountability Foundation and on the Privacy and Data Advisory Committee for the Canadian Marketing Association. She is also a founding member and Chair of Canada’s Business Privacy Group, a working group made up of some of Canada’s leading privacy professionals and industry associations focused on building trust in Canada’s digital ecosystem and legislative regime.
Pam is a frequent speaker on privacy and data ethics and she actively encourages other organizations to join her in her mission to earn and elevate consumer trust in our digital ecosystem.
Seminar Cancellation Policy
Cancellation of registration must be received in writing (e-mail is acceptable) no later than fifteen (15) business days prior to the date of the seminar in order to receive a full refund. Cancellation of registration received within fourteen (14) and four (4) business days of the seminar will be subjected to a refund, less 10% of the registration fee to meet administrative costs. No refunds or credits will be given for cancellations made three (3) business days prior to the seminar. If you registered for a seminar but are unable to attend, substitutions are welcome anytime at no extra cost.