9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
PwC Tower - Suite 2600
18 York Street
1.5 for half days
Join marketing professionals, privacy experts and compliance practitioners for a half-day workshop on Canadian privacy essentials.
Following a briefing by a leading Canadian privacy expert, you will work in a small group with the guidance of an expert facilitator to tackle real-world privacy case studies, and develop solutions to frequently encountered and challenging situations such as:
- Obtaining meaningful consent
- GDPR considerations for Canadian organizations
- Publicly available information requirements
- Mandatory data breach regulations
- Third-party data processing requirements
Check if you need to brush up on Canadian privacy rules - try our 2 minutes quiz
You Will Learn
- Insights and tips to help ensure you are compliant, including compliance with Canada’s Mandatory Data Breach Regulations and Guidelines for Meaningful Consent.
- Insights on possible changes to Canadian privacy law and how you can stay current.
- How privacy laws in other jurisdictions, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the new California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), apply to Canadian organizations.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone involved in the collection and use of the personal information of Canadians.
- Marketing professionals who want to refresh and update their knowledge of privacy law and enforcement.
Corporate Compliance and Chief Privacy Officer
CANADA POST CORPORATION
As Canada Post’s General Manager, Compliance and Chief Privacy Officer, Amanda Maltby is responsible for corporate compliance in the areas of Privacy, Information Management, Official Languages, Anti-Money Laundering and Access to Information and oversees the Corporation’s Code of Conduct and Whistleblowing program. Prior to joining Canada Post in 2007, Amanda held executive roles in the public and private sectors including Ipsos-Reid Public Affairs, Finance Canada, Foreign Affairs and the Canadian Marketing Association. A recognized expert in privacy and data protection, Amanda is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Marketing Association and chairs the CMA’s Public Affairs and Data and Privacy Committees. She acts as an advisor to the Conference Board of Canada’s Council of Chief Privacy Officers and is an active member and regular speaker for the International Association of Privacy Professionals. Amanda is a graduate of Carleton University in Ottawa.
Group Case Study Leaders
- James Smith, Chief Privacy Officer, Environics Analytics
- Cristina Onosé, Lead, Privacy Advocacy & Thought Leadership, PwC
- Kimberly Eberwine, Senior Legal Counsel, Procter & Gamble
Seminar Cancellation Policy
Cancellation of registration must be received in writing (e-mail is acceptable) no later than fifteen (15) business days prior to the date of the seminar in order to receive a full refund. Cancellation of registration received within fourteen (14) and four (4) business days of the seminar will be subjected to a refund, less 10% of the registration fee to meet administrative costs. No refunds or credits will be given for cancellations made three (3) business days prior to the seminar. If you registered for a seminar but are unable to attend, substitutions are welcome anytime at no extra cost.