9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
PwC Tower - Suite 2600
18 York Street
1.5 for half days
Join marketing professionals, privacy experts and compliance practitioners for a half-day workshop on Canadian privacy essentials.
Following a briefing by a leading Canadian privacy expert, you will work in a small group with the guidance of an expert facilitator to tackle real-world privacy case studies, and develop solutions to frequently encountered and challenging situations such as:
- Obtaining meaningful consent
- GDPR considerations for Canadian organizations
- Publicly available information requirements
- Mandatory data breach regulations
- Third-party data processing requirements
Check if you need to brush up on Canadian privacy rules - try our 2 minutes quiz
You Will Learn
- Insights and tips to help ensure you are compliant, including compliance with Canada’s Mandatory Data Breach Regulations and Guidelines for Meaningful Consent.
- Insights on possible changes to Canadian privacy law and how you can stay current.
- How privacy laws in other jurisdictions, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the new California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), apply to Canadian organizations.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone involved in the collection and use of the personal information of Canadians.
- Marketing professionals who want to refresh and update their knowledge of privacy law and enforcement.
Vice President, Enterprise Services Compliance and Chief Privacy Officer
SUN LIFE FINANCIAL
In 2015, after more than 20 years in the communications industry, Suzanne shifted industries and joined Sun Life Financial. She has led the team providing legal support to the business in Québec combined with overall leadership for privacy at Sun Life and its subsidiaries worldwide. In April 2019, Suzanne moved into a newly created role with accountability for creating a compliance structure for Enterprise Services while continuing her global work as Chief Privacy Officer.
A big believer in giving back to the community, she continues to be involved with many organizations including the Canadian Bar Association’s National Privacy and Access Law Section, the Canadian Center for Child Protection and MediaSmarts, a leader in media and digital literacy. Suzanne was an appointed member of the board of the Standards Council of Canada for over a decade and was a member of the Canadian Spam Task Force.
She speaks frequently at Canadian and international conferences and is an Advisory Board Member and occasional contributor to the Internet and E-commerce Law in Canada and the Canadian Privacy Law Review.
Case Study Leaders:
Ruby Barber, Assistant General Counsel, Legal & Regulatory, Bell Canada
Deborah Evans, Director, Consumer Policy & Associate Chief Privacy Officer, Rogers
Lisa McKay, Senior Privacy Manager, Legal & Regulatory Compliance, BMO Financial Group
Cristina Onosé, Lead, Privacy Advocacy & Thought Leadership, PwC
Seminar Cancellation Policy
Cancellation of registration must be received in writing (e-mail is acceptable) no later than fifteen (15) business days prior to the date of the seminar in order to receive a full refund. Cancellation of registration received within fourteen (14) and four (4) business days of the seminar will be subjected to a refund, less 10% of the registration fee to meet administrative costs. No refunds or credits will be given for cancellations made three (3) business days prior to the seminar. If you registered for a seminar but are unable to attend, substitutions are welcome anytime at no extra cost.