10:00 – 12:30 p.m. ET
This seminar is designed to introduce participants to the concept of profit planning. Profit planning is critical for marketers and is the cornerstone of effective management; and doing it properly requires a Marketing professional to predict, with reasonable precision, the key variables that affect both the company’s performance and the conditions under which it operates.
This session will provide an in-depth examination of three key types of budget—namely, the master, sales, and selling and administrative budgets—from a marketing-centered perspective. You will also consider the importance of responsibility accounting to a successful budgeting strategy. Upon completion of this session, you will not only recognize the importance of budgeting from a marketing perspective; you will also be equipped with key tools and strategies to prepare budgets for your organization.
You Will Learn
- The basics of profit planning along with some cost volume profit techniques including breakeven analysis and target profits
- How to describe the potential benefits of implementing a formal budgeting process
- How to identify the key elements involved in creating master budgets, sales budgets, and selling and administrative budgets, and explain the role of marketing in these processes
- How to prepare the budgets and supporting schedules included in a master budget, and recognize the importance of responsibility accounting for any organization
- How to determine the level of sales needed for a Marketer to achieve a desired target profit, and how to determine the break-even point for a single and multiproduct company
You Will Benefit From
- A hands-on approach to learning via real world cases and solutions
- Detailed slides to provide the logic of each example provided
- Frameworks to leverage for your own company
Who Should Attend
- Marketers who are looking to strengthen their financial skill sets and understand how financials can impact a business
- Marketers who are looking to better understand how to prepare an effective profit plan for an organization and how best marketing can contribute to its success
- Assistant Marketing/Brand & Category Managers and those who work in Shopper Marketing and Digital Media
Originally from New Brunswick, Jeffrey O’Leary has worked for over 14 years in various Corporate Finance, Sales and Marketing positions at Maple Leaf Foods, Wolseley Canada & Karl Storz Medical Devices.
Jeff holds undergraduate degrees in Accounting & Economics, an MBA and is a CMA and CPA in Ontario as well as a Chartered Marketer.
Jeff has been teaching in post-secondary education for over fourteen years and is currently a lecturer at the University of Guelph and McMaster Centre for Continuing Education while being a Moderator & Facilitator in the Ontario CPA program and lead instructor in the CM program.
Jeff is married to Kate and have recently welcomed their second daughter, Olivia, to the family.
Seminar Cancellation Policy
Cancellation of registration must be received in writing (e-mail is acceptable) no later than fifteen (15) business days prior to the date of the seminar in order to receive a full refund. Cancellation of registration received within fourteen (14) and four (4) business days of the seminar will be subjected to a refund, less 10% of the registration fee to meet administrative costs. No refunds or credits will be given for cancellations made three (3) business days prior to the seminar. If you registered for a seminar but are unable to attend, substitutions are welcome anytime at no extra cost.