9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. ET (each day)
As marketing becomes increasingly complex, cross-functional, and fast-paced, marketers are faced with the challenge of delivering value to both stakeholders and customers. While advancing their careers, marketers are also tasked with more significant projects, facing multifaceted obstacles with varied scope and budget.
This seminar provides individuals and teams with effective organizational skills, best practices, and program management methods to expertly implement marketing plans.
You Will Learn
You Will Learn:
- How to effectively initiate and plan a marketing project
- How to build a team and foster collaboration and performance
- How to ensure smooth, productive and positive communications
- The steps, tools and techniques for project control, scheduling and budget oversight
- Methods for project performance tracking, measurement and optimization
- Progressive and innovative ways to help manage risk, deliver value to stakeholders and, ultimately, customers through better project management
You Will Benefit From:
- Improved overall know-how for marketing project management
- Techniques to help you become a more effective marketing project manager
- A set of tools, templates, resources and best practices for real-world usage as a marketing project management leader and/or team player in your own organization
Through scenarios and mini casework, see the following in action:
- Marketing project initiation – envisioning desired project outcomes
- Building the project team – leveraging communications and coaching to help teams achieve project goals
- Marketing project planning & communications – best practices, tools and resources to help overcome the biggest causes of project failures
- Project control, scheduling & budget management
- Managing change, risk & problem-solving – helping project managers to be the change agent required for successful outcomes and to sustain momentum through coaching and facilitation
- Project performance tracking, measurement & optimization – tracking progress for teams and individuals for constant improvement
- Marketing project management tools & resources – identifying assets, strengths and resources within and outside the team to enable better project management
Who Should Attend
- Marketing managers and brand managers
- Agency account management professionals
- Brand communications specialists
- Entry to Mid-level managers
Rich Content & Partner at Branderos
Richard Toker is a Toronto based marketing consultant, educator and facilitator. Since launching Rich Content in 2008, Richard has developed and managed numerous marketing programs including branding, direct and digital marketing, content and on-boarding programs for a variety of clients, and has worked to develop and nurture marketing management and leadership skills amongst emergent marketing professionals and facilitated creative problem solving and marketing change management at a diverse range of organizations including Aimia, Amex, BDC, CAA, CBC, CIBC, Canada Post, the ICA, Environics Analytics, Foresters, OLG, Public Health Ontario, RBC, Recipe Unlimited and Tangerine. Prior to starting his own practice Richard was a Marketing Director at Rogers Communications and also spent 20 years honing his solution focus skills in the advertising business. Since 2015, Richard has partnered with Joel Sears in Branderos, a boutique brand and marketing communications non-agency catering to small and medium sized businesses who are used to channeling their inner Maverick, yet when it comes to finding the right marketing support, are faced with costly and bureaucratic ad agencies, or with independents who lack the expertise required to corral new customers.
Richard is a Chartered Marketer, a fully trained practitioner of the Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving method of applied creativity, and is certified to deliver the FourSight® Thinking Profile assessment to individuals and teams. Richard has facilitated training, innovation and applied creativity on behalf of many organizations and for the Canadian Marketing Association, where he has served as chair of the Education Committee, and most recently, helped to develop the Chartered Marketer program. Richard also is fully trained in Solution Focus, a well-researched and widely used change and facilitation toolbox. Solution Focus helps organizations, teams and individuals to create shared understanding, clarify desired outcomes, and get people moving forward.
Seminar Cancellation Policy
Cancellation of registration must be received in writing (e-mail is acceptable) no later than fifteen (15) business days prior to the date of the seminar in order to receive a full refund. Cancellation of registration received within fourteen (14) and four (4) business days of the seminar will be subjected to a refund, less 10% of the registration fee to meet administrative costs. No refunds or credits will be given for cancellations made three (3) business days prior to the seminar. If you registered for a seminar but are unable to attend, substitutions are welcome anytime at no extra cost.