April 17, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
3+ Member: $595
3+ Non-member: $795
250 Yonge Street
As marketing becomes increasingly complex, cross-functional, and fast-paced, marketers are faced with the challenge of delivering value to both stakeholders and customers. While advancing their careers, marketers are also tasked with more significant projects, facing multifaceted obstacles with varied scope and budget.
This seminar provides individuals and teams with effective organizational skills, best practices, and program management methods to expertly implement marketing plans. You will gain insights, techniques, and tools to effectively manage marketing projects in order to achieve top results.
You Will Learn
You Will Learn:
- How to effectively initiate and plan a marketing project
- How to build a team and foster collaboration and performance
- How to ensure smooth, productive and positive communications
- The steps, tools and techniques for project control, scheduling and budget oversight
- Methods for project performance tracking, measurement and optimization
- Progressive and innovative ways to help manage risk, deliver value to stakeholders and, ultimately, customers through better project management
You Will Benefit From:
- Improved overall know-how for marketing project management
- Techniques to help you become a more effective marketing project manager
- A set of tools, templates, resources and best practices for real-world usage as a marketing project management leader and/or team player in your own organization
Through scenarios and mini casework, see the following in action:
- Marketing project initiation – envisioning desired project outcomes
- Building the project team – leveraging communications and coaching to help teams achieve project goals
- Marketing project planning & communications – best practices, tools and resources to help overcome the biggest causes of project failures
- Project control, scheduling & budget management
- Managing change, risk & problem-solving – helping project managers to be the change agent required for successful outcomes and to sustain momentum through coaching and facilitation
- Project performance tracking, measurement & optimization – tracking progress for teams and individuals for constant improvement
- Marketing project management tools & resources – identifying assets, strengths and resources within and outside the team to enable better project management
Who Should Attend
- Marketing managers and brand managers
- Agency account management professionals
- Brand communications specialists
- Entry to Mid-level managers
Rich Content Marketing Communications
Richard Toker is a solutions focused marketing consultant, educator and facilitator. Since launching Rich Content in 2008 he has worked on a diverse range of client projects from direct and digital communications for major restaurant chains, to the development of a customer lifecycle eCRM program for a major global PC manufacturer, marketing planning for a major financial institution, and web site strategy and development for a Toronto non-profit organization.
Prior to starting Rich Content, Richard was Director, Direct & Digital Marketing at Rogers Communications. And prior to that,Richard spent almost 20 years in the advertising business at Ogilvy & Mather, McCann Erickson, Cossette, Draft, and Bimm.
As a consultant he brings insight in consumer and B2B marketing from experience on brands such as American Express, HP, IBM, HSBC, Pitney Bowes, Fuji, Goodyear, Lexus, Bell, Rogers, Telus, Ontario Lottery and Scotiabank.
As an educator Richard has been a member of the CMA Education Committee (currently Chair), author and instructor of the Direct Marketing Certificate program since 2003, and has taught in the CAAP program at the Institute of Communication Agencies for more than 15 years, and at the York University Executive Development Program. He also has spoken at CMA events and has been a judge at the CMA awards – one or two of which he has won over the years.