9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
3+ Member: $349
3+ Non-member: $449
1405 St. Matthews Avenue
Learn the fundamentals of how to create a social media strategy for your business in this full-day workshop. We will cover the best practices on
how to develop and implement a successful strategy to connect your brand to your customer online.
Social media for business is no longer an option. In this session we will review how to establish an effective and efficient plan for using social media to promote your services online.
The methods of learning will be very practical and relevant - I will lead with a powerpoint incorporating video examples and opportunities for
group discussion. I will also provide a workbook that the participants can complete throughout the day and leave with a social media strategy for
You Will Learn
You Will Learn:
We will review the most popular social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube) including information on how to select the right channel for your business.
- You will learn how to develop a content plan to ensure you are using the right content mix for each social media channel
- How to track your success and measure your results using analytics
- You will learn how to create highly targeted advertising on social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
You Will Benefit From:
By the end of the session, participants will have a clear understanding of how social media could be used to promote their business
- A solid understanding of the social media channels, and which is best suited for their business goals and objectives
- A framework for the content you share/post on a selected channel that will increase opportunities for engagement online
- An understanding of how to measure success
- Knowing how to implement an online paid advertising campaign on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Who Should Attend
Participants should be familiar with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Beginner knowledge is all that is required.
This session is perfect for the professional who knows that social media would benefit their organization or business, but is not confident on
how to implement or create an effective strategy.
Nancy Smith Consulting
Nancy Smith loves to help businesses understand and develop strategies for social media. As an early adopter and avid social media user, it has been a natural transition for her to apply knowledge from her marketing career to assist brands such as Travel Alberta, SportChek, and Samsung.
As a passionate advocate for social media, Nancy currently teaches at the University of Calgary, Bow Valley College and Mount Royal University. Nancy is also an acclaimed speaker, having over 10 years’ experience in providing workshops and sessions at large-scale conferences dealing with issues and strategies related to social media.