9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
3+ Member: $595
3+ Non-member: $795
250 Yonge Street
In the online and social media space, more conversation happens about you than directly with you. Social insights uses the data from content, conversation and interaction to uncover genuine, real-time insights for brands.
Organizations can use social insights in a myriad of ways to build a better brand experience. Insights can be used to understand brand perception, research competitors, track sentiment, identify influencers, discover relevant conversations, deliver customer service, manage crisis and uncover innovation opportunities.
Social insights brings together the topics of social media monitoring, social listening and sentiment analysis under a single unified strategy.
This seminar is designed on an active learning approach that blends:
- Facilitator presentation of key concepts and practices to implement
- Case study review and discussion from different industries and use cases to review and discuss
- Hands-on researching and writing a Boolean Search
- Live demonstration using industry-leading software
Earn 3.5 CM CPD credits
You Will Learn
You Will Learn:
- The benefits and challenges of using social insights
- How to define and set up social media monitoring
- How to define and set up social listening tools
- How to define and understand the benefits and challenges associated with sentiment analysis
- How a structured search query works (Boolean operators) and how to write a Boolean search
- How to do a simple set-up using Hootsuite and how to write a query and create a dashboard using Brandwatch
Case study/examples will be integrated throughout. We will also compare different software options i.e. Brandwatch, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Sysomos etc…
You Will Benefit From:
- Learning how to create a strategy for using social media that's more than just posting/sharing content and paid advertising
- Understanding practical ways that you can start implementing and evolving the use of social insights within your organization
- A takeaway guide to fundamentals of social insights
- A takeaway guide to writing structured search queries
- Knowledge of different software tools for social insights
Who Should Attend
- Brand/marketing managers
- Marketing communication strategists/planners
- Social media managers
- Community managers
- Marketing analysts interested in audience insights
This seminar is best suited for individuals who've worked in marketing enough to approach it from a broad, strategic perspective–managers and possibly directors looking at how to evolve social media marketing strategy beyond simply posting on platforms and basic monitoring.
Learning Experience Designer & Facilitator
Blair runs UNCMMN Studio, with a practice in learning experience design and facilitation of marketing training–from single workshops to multi-day courses. His clients include the Canadian Marketing Association and Region of Peel.
He is also a Professor of Marketing and Digital Media, and Head of the Digital Media Marketing postgraduate program at George Brown College.
His background includes an MBA in Marketing from the Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM) in Sydney, Australia; and a BA (Hons) in Mass Communication from Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada.
Blair is proud to be one the first 20 people in Canada to earn the Chartered Marketer (CM) designation from the Canadian Marketing Association for my commitment to professional excellence in the craft of marketing for himself–and enabling others to do the same.