March 29, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
3+ Member: $245
3+ Non-member: $345
250 Yonge Street
Social media and digital marketing are rapidly changing into highly competitive pay-per-play environments, where brands with large budgets can outspend and outpromote small and medium size businesses. Content is one way to level the playing field, where even a solopreneur can build a global following.
This seminar covers the essential elements of content marketing from current trends and idea generation to headline structure and content distribution. We will look at great examples from B2B and B2C space, and you will get an opportunity to test your knowledge with hands-on exercises.
You Will Learn
You Will Learn:
- Content Marketing Trends – how content marketing is changing, and how you can prepare.
- Content Idea Frameworks – how to structure content for positioning, or lead generation.
- Distribution and Repurposing – where to promote your content, and how to extend its lifespan.
- Headline Scorecard – how to design captivating headlines, and increase click through rates.
- Simple Editorial Calendar – a simple method to create and plan an annual content calendar.
- Tips, Tricks & Questions – practical techniques to make your content work harder for your brand
You Will Benefit From:
- Understanding the upcoming changes in the world of content marketing, so you can allocate appropriate budgets and resources to take advantage of the opportunities.
- Learning how to use content for either positioning your brand, or generating leads.
- Understanding how to repurpose your existing content, and extending its usefulness.
- Developing a thematic editorial calendar to take guesswork out of planning and execution.
- Learning simple and effective content marketing techniques you can put to use immediately.
Who Should Attend
- Marketing Managers, Directors and Leaders
- Marketing Practitioners
- Sales & Customer Specialists
- Writers, Editors & Social Media Managers
- Individuals looking to gain an edge with their content marketing
This seminar is intended for individuals with a general knowledge of content marketing.
Digital Marketing Strategist/ Instructor
Ernest Barbaric / Ernest Media
Ernest Barbaric is a trusted authority on digital and social media marketing. His work has been featured in Forbes, Canadian Business, USA Today, Financial Post, Mashable, and Social Media Today amongst others.
He works with leaders, entrepreneurs and marketing professionals to build online authority, increase qualified inbound traffic, improve conversions and develop brand awareness – through digital marketing.
Ernest is a founder of the Social Media for Business program at Mount Royal University. He also developed the Digital Marketing Certificate at the Canadian Marketing Association, and teaches Digital Marketing at the University of Calgary.