February 15, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
3+ Member: $245
3+ Non-member: $345
250 Yonge Street
This half-day seminar will explore best practices and approaches for designing customer-centric digital experiences. We will explore various ways of offering personalized experiences and recommendations, by illustrating methods and approaches for designing with customers in mind. Past projects and examples will be provided during the seminar to highlight the methods and approaches discussed.
Emphasis will be placed on ensuring your content is relatable and action oriented, by offering materials and resources that will support your customers. Hands on activities will be offered during the seminar to illustrate the various methods and approaches that participants can implement.
You Will Learn
You Will Learn:
- The importance of designing with the user in mind
- Trends and approaches to customer experience
- Best practices in design from a UX / Design POV
- Conversion funnel and methods to push customers into the path to purchase (i.e. embedded quote tools, product selector tools, save your progress features, comparison tools)
You Will Benefit From:
- Practical design approaches for websites and apps with customers in mind
- Hands on experience with design methods discussed in the seminar, such as:
- Interviewing a partner to garner user needs
- Rapid paper prototyping to illustrate the insights found in the user interview
- Performing a quick usability test to validate prototype
- Trends and best practices
Who Should Attend
- Marketing Practitioners
- User Experience Designers
- Junior Information Architects
Director of Experience Design
Andrea brings more than eight years of information architecture and user experience design knowledge to her role as Director of Experience Design with Delvinia. She is adept in designing websites, mobile sites and apps, selector tools and logic and assisting in the development of digital strategies and social media strategies.
Andrea has contributed to several award-winning projects for clients like Manulife Financial, SickKids, Scotiabank, RBC Royal Bank and the Richard Ivey School of Business.
She is experienced in developing the user experience design for mobile apps and websites, creating user experience flows, wireframes and functional specifications, conducting user testing and validation and overseeing the experience design process for Delvinia.
In addition to her client work, Andrea manages the user experience for Delvinia’s AskingCanadians online research community, played an integral role in developing the strategy and user experience design for Methodify, Delvinia’s new research automation platform, and leads all of Delvinia’s internal team education and teambuilding workshops.
With an undergraduate degree in anthropology and a master’s degree in library and information sciences, Andrea brings her interest in what people do and why they do it to the digital sphere. She recognizes that while you might want your users to act in a certain way, it doesn’t mean they actually will. To create meaningful customer experiences, Andrea places herself in the users’ shoes by looking at each experience from their perspective.