Hard Cover, 138 pages
CMA Member: $225
Contact Tim Bishop or call 416.644.3738.
Prepared for CMA by The Conference Board of Canada
An authoritative examination of marketing; from its traditional roots to what it looks like today—to what business leaders can expect over the next five years.
Much more than advertising activity, this report begins the conversation about how other marketing functions (e.g., brand management, customer support, market research, communications) are equally important drivers of economic activity in Canada. Simply put, this report defines marketing’s reach. It gives business leaders a critical lens from which to view how business activity will be influenced by marketing as we transition to a digital economy.
- Discussion about ad spending and the economy, the effectiveness of advertising, media trends, the digital consumer, the impact of marketing activity on employment.
- Discussion about the shifts in ad spending by industry.
- A look at the role of call centres.
- 27 forecast tables:
- Ad spend by media and by industry.
- B2C and B2B ad spend breakouts, by industry.
- Employment associated with advertising spending—by media and by industry.
- Views from industry leaders on customer value in the digital age.
- PDF format of the report on a CD included.
Industry Categories Studied
Auto Manufacturers and Dealers
Finance and Insurance
Travel and Transportation
Public Services, Charities, and Religion
Internet-Related Sites and Services
Media Channels Studied