September 21, 2020
As I write this note, a second wave of COVID-19 cases has hit many parts of Canada. A degree of optimism has given way to increasing uncertainty.
Perspective and positivity are critical as we all risk losing patience with our circumstances. For me, it brings to mind former prisoners of war who attributed their survival to repeating the mantra: “Eventually I’m going home”, in contrast to those who said: “I will be home by New Year’s Eve,” or some such thing.
Positivity through the circumstances of life is so important.
Positive people maintain capacity to care for others, as many of our members have been doing.
For example, the CMA has created a Patrons Program to support marketing professional development in Canada, and two of our members have already stepped up:
- Canada Post is a Patron Sponsor of the Chartered Marketer program, supporting continued development of our leading-edge curriculum. They join founding partner TD Bank, along with other significant contributors.
- Scotiabank is a Patron Sponsor of our Certificate Courses to support their ongoing development. A portion of this sponsorship was earmarked to subsidize CMA fall registration fees for eligible learners to enable them to continue their courses
We are grateful to Scotiabank and Canada Post for their commitment to professional development in the marketing profession. More simply put, their generosity gives hope and optimism to future marketing leaders at a difficult time. I’m sure there will be others who join the effort as well.
Here are some other things that the CMA has been doing to keep our marketing community strong:
- We have just extended CMA Helps to the end of 2020, providing complimentary member benefits to any marketer laid off by a CMA member organization due to the pandemic.
- Our Morning Events, exclusive experiences and webinars are free for members.
- Members can register for free to the CMA Virtual Awards on November 19.
- In the spring, we offered each CMA member organization the opportunity to submit one Awards entry at no charge.
- We provided complimentary admission into our spring certificate courses for learners who were registered in the Chartered Marketer program.
The strength of the CMA reflects your strength. Is your organization in a position to help marketers continue on their paths of professional development? If so, drop me a line and let’s discuss how you, too, can become a Patron Sponsor.
President and CEO
P.S. Join me on October 9 for my next Marketing Connected LIVE session, when I speak to Trinh Tham, Chief Marketing Officer at Harry Rosen, about how this retailer is investing in its brand, the journey to transform its business, and how it continues to evolve and pivot.
Missed an episode of Marketing Connected LIVE? Click here and scroll down to Session Recordings to hear previous speakers and topics.