June 22, 2020
In my last Marketing Connected LIVE session, our new Board Chair Steve Mast said that our Thought Leadership Councils are the pulse of the marketing community.
I wholeheartedly agree. Our Councils meet monthly to explore topics and trends that are relevant to their expertise. The thought leadership that they generate through blogs, whitepapers, toolkits and curated content is an invaluable resource for Canada’s marketing community. If you’re an active CMA member, you’ve likely seen Council members moderating panels at events, participating in our CMA NXT platform, hosting sessions of CMA Café presented by Mastercard, and more.
I announced last week that we are launching a new Talent Council. This Council will be co-chaired by Medhi Rahman (Spin Master) and Nardia Ali (Ogilvy). Its mandate is to develop thought leadership, tools and best practices to foster exceptional talent, inspire creativity, ensure diversity, and elevate the ability of marketing to transform business.
Recently, we created Thought Leaders Connected – a plenary where members of all Councils come together to discuss a common topic. Our first session focused on the early days of the pandemic. Tomorrow, we are meeting to discuss the characteristics and marketing implications of the next phase of the pandemic.
We are thrilled to have a strong contingent of new and returning leaders to head up all of these dynamic thought leadership groups. Please join me in welcoming our 2020-21 Co-Chairs:
- B2B Council: Andrew Au (Intercept Group) and Jeff Lancaster (LinkedIn)
- Brand Council: Diana Conconi (Kaiser Lachance) and Chris Brockbank (FIRMA Foreign Exchange)
- CX Council: Lesley Haibach (Ipsos) and Meghan Sherwin (Keilhauer)
- Insights Council: Scot Riches (RI) and Peter Farfaras (NLogic)
- Media Council: Sarah Thompson (Mindshare) and Reagan Zuzarte (Triangles)
- Martech Council: Luxy Thuraisingam (Cisco) and Geoff Linton (Tekside.io)
- Not-for-Profit Council: Brady Hambleton (Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations) and Linda Hazzan (Toronto Public Library)
- Talent Council: Mehdi Rahman (Spin Master) and Nardia Ali (Ogilvy)
I’d also like to express sincere thanks to outgoing Council leaders Kim Koster (Brand Council), John Bardawill and Stephan Sigaud (Customer Experience Council), and Brent Chaters (Martech Council) for their oustanding contributions to our community.
We are now in the recruitment phase for the 2020-21 Council year, and we are aiming to increase diversity on all Councils.
Are you interested in participating? Head here to find out more and apply.
PS. Join me on July 3 for my next Marketing Connected LIVE session, when I speak to Kim Koster and Brady Hambleton about how brands and NFPs can reach consumers and donors in today’s climate and in the months ahead.
Missed an episode of Marketing Connected LIVE? Click here and scroll down to Session Recordings to catch these topics and speakers:
- What's Next for Marketers?
Steve Mast, President and Chief Innovation Officer, Delvinia
- A six-step approach to get your brand back on track
Tony Johnstone, Former Chief Brand Officer, DDB
- Understanding Canadians' behaviour in the age of COVID-19
Jan Kestle, President, Environics Analytics
- Where should brands go next?
Mitch Joel, Founder of Six Pixels Group, Author, Podcaster and Journalist
- The Four Defining Elements of a Successful and Sustainable Business Model
Chris Stamper, Former Chief Marketing Officer, TD Canada