There are many ways for marketers to participate in shaping the future of marketing in Canada. Membership in CMA is a first step.
CMA offers a variety of committees and Marketing Councils specifically for members, ranging from event planning to working groups that address substantive issues. Other volunteer opportunities are open to the broader marketing community.
- Marketing Councils: Senior-level working groups for CMA Members only. It's a longer term commitment, anywhere from two to four years.
- Committees: Generally for members only, these may be either a longer-term or short-term commitment, dependant on the activity area.
- Speaking at a CMA event: Open to both members and the broader marketing community, with members given first right of refusal where possible.
Council participation is for CMA members only. Persons wishing to join a Council must have a minimum of 5-8 years marketing management experience.
Council members attend and participate in approximately nine meetings per year. Each member is responsible for fulfilling an objective set out by the Council, as established through its annual planning process.
The CMA seeks qualified, knowledgeable, and dynamic speakers for a variety of marketing based events.
Proposals are now being accepted for:
- our inaugural Retail Marketing Conference. The proposal form is due Tuesday, July 15.
- Loyalty Marketing Conference. The proposal form is due Thursday, July 17.
- Marketing Analytics Conference. The proposal form is due Friday, July 18.
2014 CMA Conference Calendar
- Content Marketing - June 25, 2014. Call for proposals closed
- Direct Engagement - October 2, 2014. Call for proposals closed
- Digital - October 20, 2014. Call for proposals closed
- B2B - November 12, 2014. Call for proposals closed
2015 CMA Conference Calendar
- Business of Ideas - Late January, 2015.
- Retail Marketing - February 10, 2015. Call for proposals due July 15.
- Loyalty Marketing - February 10, 2015. Call for proposals due July 17.
- Marketing Analytics - Late February, 2015. Call for proposals due July 18.