There are many ways for marketers to participate in shaping the future of marketing in Canada. Membership in CMA is a first step.
CMA offers a variety of committees and Marketing Councils specifically for members, ranging from event planning to working groups that address substantive issues. Other volunteer opportunities are open to the broader marketing community.
- Marketing Councils: Senior-level working groups for CMA Members only. It's a longer term commitment, anywhere from two to four years.
- Committees: Generally for members only, these may be either a longer-term or short-term commitment, dependant on the activity area.
- Speaking at a CMA event: Open to both members and the broader marketing community, with members given first right of refusal where possible.
Council participation is for CMA members only. Persons wishing to join a Council must have a minimum of 5-8 years marketing management experience.
Council members attend and participate in approximately nine meetings per year. Each member is responsible for fulfilling an objective set out by the Council, as established through its annual planning process.
The CMA seeks qualified, knowledgeable, and dynamic speakers for a variety of marketing based events.
Proposals for late spring 2015 events will be accepted in late fall 2014.
2014 CMA Conference Calendar
- Digital - October 20, 2014. Presented with Marketing Magazine.
- B2B - November 12, 2014.
- Digital Privacy Conference - November 25, 2014
2015 CMA Conference Calendar
- Business of Ideas - January 20, 2015.
- Retail Marketing - February 10, 2015.
- Loyalty Marketing - February 10, 2015.
- Marketing Analytics - February 26, 2015.